Our best crime prevention tool is the Expanded Neighborhood Patrol, which allows Preston Hollow East to hire the DPD for dedicated, extra patrols exclusive to our neighborhood. During these patrol hours, Dallas Police Officers will safeguard only our neighborhood, and will not take calls outside of our boundaries.
Always call 9-1-1 first then call the PHEHA member's only expanded patrol phone number.
It is critical that you provide the police call-taker with information that is as accurate and complete as possible. Try to remain calm, and speak slowly and clearly. While the information you provide will vary with the incident, there are some critical details that you should communicate in almost every instance. These include:
- A brief description of the crime, incident or suspicious person(s).
- Time of occurrence.
- Exact location (including street and house numbers, if applicable).
- Extent of injuries or property damage, if any.
- Description of any suspects: gender, race, age, height, weight, clothing, hair color/style, facial hair...
- Description of suspect vehicle: make/model, color, tag numbers... Are there are temporary tags on the vehicle?
- Direction of the suspicious person(s): down what street/alley; on foot, bicycle or motor vehicle.
- Give the call-taker your phone number—especially if you are calling from a wireless phone—so that the police can call you back if they need additional information.
- Weapons visible, including a description.
The Dallas Police officers who participate in our neighborhood’s ENP are a small group of dedicated officers. They are experts in our neighborhood and our area’s crime trends. During the ENP hours, a uniformed Dallas Police Officer patrols our neighborhood in a marked Dallas Police car.
*Source isDallas CWEB